13 is a magical number in the twin worlds. While in Stark it has become associated with bad luck and superstition, in the magical land of Arcadia it is undoubtedly still recognised as a number of great power.
The Longest JourneyEdit
- There are 13 chapters in TLJ.
- There were 13 individuals who participated in the Divide ritual: six scientists, six Magicians, and one Draic Kin (for some reason the first Guardian, who would make 14, is not included in this number; nor is she displayed in the Murals of the Balance as the others were).
- Gordon Halloway is the 13th and final Guardian.
- There are 13 Scriptures of the Balance.
- There are 13 chapters in Dreamfall.
- The Castillos bought their current house in 2213.
- While there is no direct link made in the game, it may be significant that the 13th Dalai Lama passed away at Tibet on the 17th of December, 1933: which is one possible time for Brian's sojourn in a monastery there. Before his death, the Dalai Lama predicted a dark time in the future.