Red Thread Games was formed in late 2012 when Ragnar Tornquist left Funcom with a view to finally making Dreamfall Chapters, a sequel to Dreamfall (2006) and further games in The Longest Journey Saga. He brought with him other TLJ and DF veterans, and later partnered with Blink Studios, itself formed by Funcom and TLJ veterans. The studio and its first project were funded by personal investment, an injection by the Norwegian government and a Kickstarter campaign.
Red Thread received a further grant from the Norwegian Film Fund to begin work on Draugen, a first person horror adventure set in 1920's Norway.
Beyond these games, Red Thread hope to make more games in the TLJ saga, as well as games with good stories for Windows and iOS platforms.
- Ragnar Tørnquist- creator, designer & writer
- Dag Scheve - writer
- Martin Bruusgaard - lead designer
- Rakel Johnsen - producer
- Quintin Pan - programmer
- Audun Tørnquist - programmer
- Hans Kristian Andersen - 3D character artist
- Rikke Fjeld Jansen - artist
- Eivind Andvig - 3D character animator
- Morgan Sandbæk - 3D artist, environment and props
- Morten Nøst - programmer
- Christoffer Grav - Illustrator/Graphic Designer
- Christer Sveen - art director
- Kjetil Hjeldnes - technical director
- Eigil Jarl Halse - technical director
- Sigbjørn Galåen - artist